|A life-long learner and Renaissance player, Ann Plana has nearly 15 years of experience in the event industry. Ann began her eventcore journey in 2010 as a technical project manager, delivering on huge projects and high-profile events. She now focuses on driving eventcore’s strategic goals forward through product development, data analysis, and operational efficiencies. In 2020, eventcore was recognized by the Event Technology Awards for the Best Visitor Registration Technology. Ann regularly finds inspiration in her everyday life and loves leveraging those experiences to create intuitive processes and products that meet her client’s needs.|
- How long have you worked in the events industry and what keeps you interested in it?
I’ve been in the events industry for over 15 years and love the fast-paced nature of it. Every day is different and brings a different challenge, so I’m never bored. Plus, the people are fun! I am thankful to work with some of the most genuine and hardworking colleagues.
- Best (and worst?) moments working in the events industry?
I love creating new experiences and as a tech supplier, delivering the tech that enables a client to do something they’ve always wanted to do, but never been able to before.
- What was the last event on which you worked?
Untethered Design-a-thon! https://untethered.events
- From your experience, what’s the best way to utilise tech at an event?
I believe tech is best utilized when it’s elevating the program. The best tech is when you don’t even notice it – it’s seamless and prioritizes the attendee’s experience making the event navigation intuitive and natural. I also am amazed at how many ways we’ve been able to connect people using tech. Had the pandemic hit just a few years ago, event tech would not have been ready to support the virtual experience as well.
- We all learn from our mistakes! What was the biggest lesson you learned from a mistake since being in the industry?
I’ve learned to allow more time than I think because there’s always a curve-ball.
- What are you most looking forward to at Event Tech Live?
Making new connections to better support our industry.
- What do events, such as ETL, mean to you?
I enjoy spending time with others who are thinking about the same industry trends and going through similar experiences. It’s always nice to have a similar frame of reference when engaging.
- What can our delegates expect to take away from your session at ETL?
My session is about staying focused on the core elements that are critical for your program when selecting your event tech. No two events are exactly the same so it stands to reason that you may need more than one event tech provider.
- Which one piece of tech couldn’t you live without?
Registration of course!
- Most pointless tech you have purchased?
Great question – I’m not sure on that one!
Join Ann for her session: Create a Seamless Attendee Experience with eventcore at
ETL US & Canada on June 9th on The Smart Stage – Book your ticket here