Who: VenueDirectory provides the largest data centre of venue information to the UK MICE industry. Founded in 1993, VenueDirectory offers an extensive special event venue inventory, enabling event planning agencies and corporate meeting planners to search for and select their preferred event venue. VenueDirectory offers additional sourcing solutions including a dynamic booking module which allows users to enquire, book, track, invoice, report and make commission claims and an embeddable widget that venues can leverage to allow their clients to instantly book small meetings.
· When: The acquisition closed on Wednesday, 1 June 2022
· Why: As a fellow leader in the MICE venue sourcing space, we’re proud to have VenueDirectory as part of our Cvent portfolio. Their robust UK and European venue database complements the more than 290,000 hotels and venues listed on the Cvent Supplier Network, further expanding sourcing options for event organisers in Europe and around the world. Our Cvent 2022 Q1 Planner Sourcing Report: Europe Edition showed that event organisers are planning for the return of in-person events and embracing a diversified range of formats. Seventy per cent say that hybrid (38%) and in-person formats (33%) will make up the majority of their 2022 event programmes.
· What’s Next: VenueDirectory will continue to operate as a standalone business unit. Over the last nearly 30 years, VenueDirectory has built meaningful relationships with their users and clients and have delivered innovative sourcing solutions to the UK and European market. We look forward to providing additional support and resources so that VenueDirectory can connect more venues with corporate event planners across Europe and elevate their position as a regional leader in the venue sourcing space.
· Quote from Cvent Vice President of International Sales, Graham Pope: “For almost 30 years, VenueDirectory has been a trusted resource for both planners and hoteliers alike, and we’re extremely proud to bring VenueDirectory into the Cvent portfolio. With the demand for in-person events continuing to grow, efficient and effective online venue sourcing is top of mind. We are excited about opportunities ahead as we look to expand and enhance our offerings and better support our clients and partners across Europe.”
· Quote from VenueDirectory CEO, Michael Begley: “We’re excited to share this announcement with the marketplace as it further highlights the critical role technology plays in bringing hoteliers and planners together to create incredible event experiences. By joining a global leader in the event and hospitality technology space, we can tap into their resources, share best practices, and most importantly, deliver more ways for planners and suppliers to better connect and support the MICE ecosystem.”