Kathryn Frankson is the Director of Event Marketing at Informa, the global leader in specialized events and event intelligence. After 48 straight quarters selling exhibition space and custom event sponsorships, Kathryn launched Informa’s sales marketing team, modernizing demand generation. Kathryn now leads the experience and digital marketing efforts for Informa’s content led events in the architecture, event planning and hospitality space.
- How long have you worked in the events industry and what keeps you interested in it?
I’ve worked in the event industry for 13 year and the constant evolution of design, content and experience is thrilling.
- Best (and worst?) moments working in the events industry?
Every event well executed feels like a win. There’s always this inevitable crescendo so when you execute all of the moving parts well, it’s an incredible feeling. COVID leveled the event industry but out of the struggle came unprecedented levels of innovation and creativity from the brilliant minds and work ethic of #eventprofs.
- What was the last event on which you worked?
The last event I worked on was a virtual event (just last week!) for the Greenbuild International Conference + Expo, which is an event that serves the architecture and sustainable design space!
- From your experience, what’s the best way to utilise tech at an event?
Tech has the ability to elevate any event and provide more sustainable, inclusive opportunities for connection! The key is serving your customers in ways that bring them closer and help them solve real problems.
- We all learn from our mistakes! What was the biggest lesson you learned from a mistake since being in the industry?
You always learn so much along the way! This last year I’ve learned whatever you do…ensure your attendees receive their magic link.
- What are you most looking forward to at Event Tech Live?
Our industry is evolving at such a rapid rate that being able to get up to the minute advice from people in the field, executing events, helps level us all up.
- What do events, such as ETL, mean to you?
It means connection, education and carving out time to ensure we are all prioritizing and upskilling in the best ways that will continue to serve our audiences.
- What can our delegates expect to take away from your session at ETL?
Delegates can expect specific tactics, new ideas and the latest marketing strategies and actionable insights that will enhance event marketing efforts.
- Which one piece of tech couldn’t you live without?
I really love my airpods. I’m on calls all day and they work like a dream!
- Most pointless tech you have purchased?
Ironically, I can’t think of anything! I setup new tech for my home office and made our home a little “smarter” and it’s all been incredible!
Join Kathryn for her session: The Future of Event Marketing at ETL US & Canada
on June 9th on the Main Stage – Book your ticket here