Francesca is Growth Manager at Tag Digital, a paid media agency who support the world’s leading event organisers reach their goals using search, social and programmatic. With over 6 years digital marketing experience, Francesca has worked on over 1,000 events worldwide to deliver a strong ROI on campaigns for clients, advising on where best to utilise their event marketing spend to meet their goals.
- How long have you worked in the events industry and what keeps you interested in it?
Over 6 years. I am fascinated by the constant innovation and technological advancements. Particularly over the last 18 months, event tech has made huge advances to overcome the challenges faced by the industry. I’m looking forward to checking out some of the latest innovations at ETL this year.
- Best (and worst?) moments working in the events industry?
Travelling solo to Kentucky for Connect Expo to have 48 appointments over 3 days, feature on a live streamed podcast and going to Churchhill Downs.
When working live events expect 0 hours sleep working on 100% adrenaline – it’s a love/ hate relationship, I cannot wait to get back!
- What was the last event on which you worked?
We are constantly working on global events 365 days a year.
A few that have just finished are :
1. Digital Dealer Tampa 2021
2. The Battery Show Europe
3. AI Europe 2021
You can view more of our work here:
- From your experience, how has tech been best utilised at an event?
QR/ scanner apps for switching contact details. So many business cards are expensive to make and are regularly misplaced.
- We all learn from our mistakes! What was the biggest lesson you learned from a mistake since being in the industry?
Trying to do too much with too little – we advise specific budgets across platforms in order to achieve maximum results.
- What are you most looking forward to at Event Tech Live?
Hearing from industry experts about what they have learned and their plans for the rest of the year and beyond.
It will be interesting to understand how they have approached and dealt with the challenges they have faced over the past 18 months.
- What do events, such as ETL, mean to you?
Meeting industry peers as well as both new and existing customers year after year.
- What can our delegates expect to take away from your session at ETL?
Event marketers have demonstrated resilience and innovation over the last 18 months; pivoting strategies, dealing with cancellations and shifting priorities. In my session delegates can expect to take away:
1. How to capture good quality leads, nurture and convert.
2. How to generate revenue using data and digital
3. Engage your audience year round with 365 content campaigns
4. How best to utilise first party data as we move to a cookieless world
5. Benchmarks and what is good for attendee marketing – virtual & live
- Which one piece of tech couldn’t you live without?
I hate to say it (as it is a bit of an addiction) but my Iphone and all of the apps I use on a daily basis. With that being said, I am very grateful for the advances over the years. My first ever phone had no colour and no camera and needed a “top up card”.
- Most pointless tech you have purchased?
My favourite lockdown purchase was my disco lamp I purchased from Amazon to have a solo boogie in my living room. Turns out I wasn’t the only one!
Join Francesca for her session: Top 5 Ways to Succeed in Event Marketing in 2021/22
at ETL US & Canada on June 10th on the Smart Stage – Book your ticket here