|Founder of Virtual Strategy Ltd, Co-Founder of TURNKEY Event Management and Co-Founder and CEO of Precision Communities|
Entrepreneurial executive with 15+ years of experience in B2B media, events, exhibitions and conferences, operating experience in emerging markets, developed markets and global business; Delivered results within many different management structures (decentralised -> matrix -> centralised); Assumed both general management and functional positions as well as regional and C-Level Group roles; Solid understanding of operating both in tail and headwinds from various markets; Assumed executive roles in Growth, Digital, Marketing, Transformation, M&A and divestment projects. Led teams of 100+ in London and 200+ globally in matrix structures.
- How long have you worked in the events industry and what keeps you interested in it?
I’ve been a part of this industry for more than 15 years. I love the opportunity to work on many different industries at the same time and learning about their business models.
- Best (and worst?) moments working in the events industry?
Best… Everytime we broke visitor records
Worst… that one time we forgot to book a simultaneous translator for our conference that had a huge international keynote!
- What was the last event on which you worked?
- From your experience, how has tech been best utilised at an event? / What’s the best way to utilise tech at an event?
As a tool, as an enabler for your general strategy, not as a purpose
- We all learn from our mistakes! What was the biggest lesson you learned from a mistake since being in the industry?
Never assume you know everyone in any industry!
- What are you most looking forward to at Event Tech Live?
Hearing from great speaker
- What do events, such as ETL, mean to you?
A chance to update myself on where the industry’s thinking is at
- What can our delegates expect to take away from your session at ETL?
On pain points of large organisers in data consolidation and potential fixes
- Which one piece of tech couldn’t you live without?
- Most pointless tech you have purchased?
Join Baris for his session: Breaking free from data silos at
ETL US & Canada on June 9th on The Main Stage – Book your ticket here