We are looking for a strategic and passionate marketer to lead our content-driven marketing function as we enter our next exciting phase of growth. This person will be responsible for setting and leading the execution of our marketing strategy across a range of event industry sectors, globally.
They will play a key role in our mission to use insight for the benefit of our industry by stewarding great content, thought leadership and being an evangelist for the power of data in crafting a great event experience.
Over the coming months, we will enable them to build out a full marketing team, with support from expert agencies and freelancers along the way.
Whilst our preference is for a UK based individual, we are also open to strong applicants from other locations who would be able to commit to regular face time with a London-based team. Flawless written English is essential.
You will be able to demonstrate that you are:
- Ready to take full ownership of our marketing strategy and delivery; this will be the only full-time marketing role in the business at this time.
- Able to demonstrate leadership in a broad range of marketing techniques, from building awareness, through to demand generation and campaign management for lead nurturing and account growth.
- In possession of presence and determination to balance the needs of stakeholders with a clarity of vision of Explori’s long-term marketing strategy.
- Confident in your ability to recruit, develop and lead a team at varying stages of their careers.
- Excited to take your place in our wider senior management team, helping to direct and deliver cross-functional projects as we work towards our long-term goals.
- Well-versed as to the power of informative, interesting and useful content to build a brand.
- Confident in your ability to write, or commission, great copy; covering everything from articles in the industry press to global reports and white papers.
- Adept at identifying, creating and nurturing strategic industry partnerships.
- Comfortable working with data, both in communicating it to an audience and utilising it to drive performance improvements.
- A compelling presenter, acting as a spokesperson for Explori at conferences and events round the world.
- Able to apply good financial management to supplier relationships and budget control.
- And whilst not essential, experience in the events or MICE industry or a growing SaaS business would put you at an advantage.
We are offering:
- The chance to be part of a company with a track record to be proud of and an incredibly exciting future. The Explori team are some of the most respected experts in the live events sector.
- The scope to fully own the direction of travel of the marketing function at Explori and play a key role in the development of the business as a whole.
- A wealth of unique insight and the support of event research experts to help you create exceptional marketing campaigns – you will be bringing genuinely new insight to the market on a regular basis.
- A market leading product and impressive client base.
- The opportunity to expand the breadth of your role and compensation package as we move into new markets and territories.
- Flexible working to allow you to create a work-life balance that best fits you.
- Condensed and non-standard working patterns if required.
- Blended working between home and our office in South London to suit your preferences. Whilst this role would suit candidates in a wide range of locations, there is an expectation you will be available for regular face time during our core hours (10am to 4pm UK time) and that you attend meetings in London as required at your own expense. Some international travel will be required.
- The opportunity to earn generous share options based on your contribution to our business goals.
Explori is the leading enterprise research platform for the exhibitions and events industry. Our clients are exhibitions, conferences and corporate events teams all over the world and we support them by giving them access to expert-quality customer satisfaction research, analysis and journey tracking tools. We also own the largest set of event performance data, with millions of feedback surveys conducted from thousands of events around the world.
We are headquartered in London UK with offices and partners in Dubai and New York.
Working with Explori
Explori work with events all around the world from our headquarters in London. Our experienced team specialise in customer feedback for the live events industry. Research, software development and customer support all happen in house.
Work from our home or yours
Based on feedback from our team, we have decided to keep a blended approach to working, with team members designing their own schedule with a combination of home and office working. Unless otherwise specified, all these roles allow you to design your own work schedule, but you will need to be available to attend face-to-face meetings in Croydon around four days per month.
Flexible as standard
All roles offer flexible working as standard, with core hours from 10am to 4pm UK time with team members deciding their own start and finish times around this. All our roles are also available part-time or as non-standard work patterns.
Crazy for the Cronx?
As much as we love our flexible working, we also love our Croydon home – London’s most southerly borough. Our bright, open offices put us at the heart of a new development of restaurants and bars, including a BoxPark, so plenty of opportunity to socialise with the team. But more importantly, East Croydon station is on our doorstep, with fast, frequent links to Victoria, London Bridge, Clapham, Farringdon and services to Surrey, Gatwick and Bedfordshire.
Become a business owner
All of our team have the opportunity to earn share options in Explori and benefit directly from our ambitious growth plans. We’d love to tell you more when we meet.
A company for all
Whatever your circumstances or background, we are committed to being a welcoming company for all. If you need support in participating in an interview with us or think there are ways we can better support you to become a member of the Explori team, just let us know.
Candidates wishing to apply directly for this role should email their CV, a cover letter and an example of a piece of content they have led on, to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.