Written by Dhruv Kumar, GM Hopin Events
Events are events—whether virtual, hybrid, or in-person.
That central idea has driven our transformation from a category-defining virtual event solution to the all-in-one event management platform that Hopin Events is today.
Our ambition is to build a unified product suite that delivers everything event professionals need to plan, produce, and promote events, from beginning to end.
An essential part of bringing to life an inspiring event is the ability to find your audience, to attract and build a community of kindred spirits.
To that end, Hopin is proud to announce our acquisition of Attendify—which will advance our event marketing product offering.
Attendify provides an array of tools designed to help event managers deepen audience engagement as well as collect data and surface insights in order to optimize events (along with marketing and broader business efforts).
This acquisition will give breadth to Hopin’s Event Marketing suite—which already includes registration and ticket sales; attendee management; attendee communication; pre-, post-, and in-event analytics; and Canvas, our easy-to-use webpage builder.
This news comes hot on the heels of our acquisition of Boomset, which laid the groundwork for Hopin’s onsite event capabilities.
Build and activate communities with Hopin Events
With the acquisition of Attendify, our goal is to empower event managers to reach the broadest possible audiences for their events—but also to sustain those valuable brand-audience relationships well beyond events.
As our CEO, Johnny Boufarhat, has observed: If events are moments in time, communities are everything in between.
We are already partnering with Michael Balyasny and the excellent Attendify team in order to build the next generation of event marketing tools.
Coming later this year, we will be debuting two powerful new capabilities to give event marketers more leverage in driving attendance and engagement within the communities they serve:
- Audience CRM: a comprehensive attendee data platform that will give event organizers a 360-degree view of engagement within an event (e.g., data on which attendees visited a sponsor booth, voted in a poll, or participated in a session).
By identifying and surfacing intent signals, Audience CRM will give event hosts powerful new ways to understand their audiences in order to produce events, marketing initiatives, and products that deliver real value.
- Campaign Manager: email communication tools to drive event registrations, communicate important information to registrants, and nurture audiences in between programs.
By enhancing our Event Marketing product, this acquisition also advances our comprehensive event management platform—Hopin Events—which comprises four pillars:
- Virtual Venue: a multifaceted, immersive online environment, where organizers can deliver powerful event programs and where attendees can participate in real time
- Studio: a live video production studio by StreamYard, which enables organizers to easily create and broadcast professional video content (with branded graphics, split-screen interviews, etc.) to an event audience
- Event Marketing: essential tools for event promotion to grow event audience and engage communities
- Onsite: technology and services that simplify in-person events via easy event check-in, badge printing, lead retrieval, cashless payments, and onsite data and analytics
Taken with our recent product development and announcements—including our acquisitions of video technology companies StreamYard, Streamable, and Jamm—this news is a further expression of our intention to build the products that will shape the future of shared experiences.
As the world presses on into an altogether new, post-pandemic normal, brand-audience relationships will take on new forms. Unhindered by distance, we will find novel ways to come together and build communities across divides.
It will be Hopin’s continued work to enable—and help realize the heady potential—of that new normal.